The National Association of Home Builders Certified Green Professional™ designation recognizes builders, remodelers and other industry professionals who incorporate green building principles into homes without driving up the cost of construction.
Classwork leading to the designation provides a solid background in green building methods, as well as the tools to reach consumers, from the organization leading the charge to provide market-driven green building solutions to the home building industry.
Green homes provide buyers lower maintenance, better indoor air quality, and better long-term value. Techniques are also discussed for competitively differentiating your home products with increased indoor environmental quality as well as energy and resource efficiency. As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Control moisture and durability for each component of the building envelope effectively
- Employ resource-efficient materials to achieve comfortable, safe and sustainable buildings
- Strategize ways to meet, exceed, and verify green building energy efficiency requirements
- Implement indoor and outdoor water conservation practices
- Achieve indoor air quality
- Consider green building objectives in a remodeling project
- Maintenance of a green home